Ceco display and coasting with DSG

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
Tricky2

Re: Ceco display and coasting with DSG

Post by Tricky2 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:45 am

Don't know the spec of the GT model, we don't get that here. I've got the Rline and drive profile is an extra cost option on all models over here.

I'll try that double jab trick, ours seems to be coasting more often. Maybe due to driving for economy (without sacrificing performance)
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:09 am

DrSaG wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:43 am
It rarely happens to me as well but if you switch to Eco drive profile, coasting happens every time you take your foot off the accelelator.

@tricky2
A workaround i found when i drive in Normal drive profile; When in downhill or straight road, hit the accelerator twice quickly and it will go to coasting. Many Automatic cars have the same.
Tried today and found one light tap on the accelerator was enough to trigger eco mode.
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

oHgr

Post by oHgr » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:36 pm

Good evening,

I think i figured out how to activate the "free wheel" mode (roue libre in French). It seems to be related to the way you release the accelerator pedal. You have to accelerate a little bit to activate it. You have to release the pedal slowly but not completely (not the full course). More precisely, you have to make a brief stop just before the full course when releasing the accelerator pedal and then release it completely (the full course).

Sorry for my bad english. I hope it is clear. That' s the way i activate the mode. It's not a formal user manual...just my feelings about it.

Here is a pic of the dash when the mode is activated.

Bye.

IMG_20200623_232819__01.jpg

DrSaG

Post by DrSaG » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:46 am

Digitalracer wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:09 am
DrSaG wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:43 am
It rarely happens to me as well but if you switch to Eco drive profile, coasting happens every time you take your foot off the accelelator.

@tricky2
A workaround i found when i drive in Normal drive profile; When in downhill or straight road, hit the accelerator twice quickly and it will go to coasting. Many Automatic cars have the same.
Tried today and found one light tap on the accelerator was enough to trigger eco mode.
Yeap, sorry my bad, It's one light tap on the accelerator.

I discovered that on my Volvo XC90 a year ago and since then I use it in all Automatic cars.
1.0 GT DSG 115hp in White :D
Parking sensors front and back
App connect
Active info display
Radio composition media
Electric heated and foldable mirrors

Topcat

Post by Topcat » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:26 pm

My 2019 R Line had its first service today, they gave me a brand new T Cross as a lone car it had the ECO Feature revs dropped to just over thousand and the D 7 became just a D so its a new feature to 2020 model and that was confirmed to me by the VW Dealer, asked if a software update would be put on mine but did not know the answer, and currently there are no software updates for any of the the current T Crosses. Have to say having had a T Roc with loads of problems i am a happy bunny!
Black T Cross R Line DSG
Winter Pack, Running Boards, Reversing Camera, Spare Wheel, Electric Folding Wing Mirrors
Ex Demonstrator.

Halin9

Post by Halin9 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:51 pm

That's interesting, thanks.....mines a 2019 and I've tried all sorts of settings and it won't " coast" ..!..be interesting if there is an update.

Tricky2

Post by Tricky2 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:10 pm

Thanks for the added info, that explains why some owners didn't have a clue what I was on about, I thought it was standard from release. Ours is a my20 model, collected just before Xmas.
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG

Topcat

Post by Topcat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:49 pm

Yes its a new feature on the latest model 2020, definitely not on mine.
Black T Cross R Line DSG
Winter Pack, Running Boards, Reversing Camera, Spare Wheel, Electric Folding Wing Mirrors
Ex Demonstrator.