Ceco display and coasting with DSG

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
Jimbob68

Re: Ceco display and coasting with DSG

Post by Jimbob68 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:20 pm

I have the Rline with DSG box and have never in 10 months noticed it "coasting".

Tricky2

Post by Tricky2 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:23 pm

If you didn't know about it you probably wouldn't notice. The signs are quite discrete. Just keep an eye out for when running with the foot off the accelerator the gear switching to D with no number.
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG

Halin9

Post by Halin9 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:18 pm

My dsg definitely doesn't do "coasting"...! Ran down a couple of half mile hills with foot off accelerator and car stayed in D7...

oHgr

Post by oHgr » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:14 pm

Hi from Brussels, Belgium.

I got my new t-cross recently. It 's a 2020 TSI 115 DSG. It 'a "Style" Line (SEL alike here in Belgium). 1.250 km so far. Excellent ride. I also noticed that the gearbox sometimes disengage. The active info display shows "D" (not "D + number") and the french words "roue libre" appear on the display.

I tried to figure it out how to activate this "roue libre" mode but in vain. It comes in Drive mode and in Sport mode, and on different speeds.

I also would like to understand how it works. Thanks.

Bye.

Tricky2

Post by Tricky2 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:23 pm

Halin9 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:18 pm
My dsg definitely doesn't do "coasting"...! Ran down a couple of half mile hills with foot off accelerator and car stayed in D7...
If you read my original post you'll see my big bugbear is it's not predictable. Your test may have shown it up on the First run, or not at all, or the next run you could have made may have showed it up. It may not happen at all or it might happen frequently, and that's what's driving me mad.

Oh, and it's not just hills, as happy to do it on the flat, when it wants to.

I see I'm going to have to try capture it on video as no one seems to believe me :-)
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:29 am

It definitely happens. A couple of days ago I was on the level and noticed it when I took my foot off the accelerator. Unusually it came on the second time I decellerated on the same stretch of road. Guess just like the stop/start all the stars have to be aligned for it to work 😁
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:47 am

sorry to be thick, but having had automatics before, (not VW), I would put it in Drive and that was that.

So you are saying that as the auto gearbox goes through the gears automatically, it changes your display to show the different D positions?

or is this only if you have the driver profile? as someone mentioned sport mode etc
T Cross SEL DSG - Limestone Grey
Space saver tyre

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:27 am

As the DSG box automatically goes through the gears the normal display shows S1, S2etc or D1, 2,3etc. I have only had fluid conventional autos previously so DSG is new to me, but quite happy with it.
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:06 am

ah thanks.. not seen that before
T Cross SEL DSG - Limestone Grey
Space saver tyre

DrSaG

Post by DrSaG » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:43 am

It rarely happens to me as well but if you switch to Eco drive profile, coasting happens every time you take your foot off the accelelator.

@tricky2
A workaround i found when i drive in Normal drive profile; When in downhill or straight road, hit the accelerator twice quickly and it will go to coasting. Many Automatic cars have the same.
1.0 GT DSG 115hp in White :D
Parking sensors front and back
App connect
Active info display
Radio composition media
Electric heated and foldable mirrors