TCross stalls in 2nd Gear

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
LucyAlan

TCross stalls in 2nd Gear

Post by LucyAlan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:53 pm

The Air Con in my TCross SE failed 3 months ago with CV19 I have only just had it looked at to be safe for me to take it to the garage.I also have an intermittent fault that the car stalls in 2nd gear ie if I am driving around a roundabout or turning left when I am not actually accelerating. Booked it in to one of the recommended VW garages in Maidenhead this Monday, when I dropped it off was told the air con fault was more than likely due to a stone damaging the compressor and that this would not be covered under the warranty and chargeable. After having the car for 6 hours I was told they had not been able to carry out any checks as the car battery was not full charged so they would charge the battery overnight. When I queried why they needed full battery power to check the air con I was told they would look at it and call me back in an hour. An hour later I was told good news the Compressor had failed and as there was no stone damage it would be covered under the warranty but as the mechanic had to remove the bumper to change the compressor they would need the car for another day. When I picked up the car today was told they had replaced a wire connection and the compressor was ok. The air con seems to be working again now fingers crossed it stays like that. Has anyone else had problems with their air con or stalling in 2nd gear?
LucyAlan
Re: AIR CON
Post by LucyAlan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:08 pm

Also meant to say when I picked up the car the garage said they could not drive the vehicle to check the stalling issue due to CV19. As I drove away 1/2 mile down the road the car stalled coming up to a roundabout in 2nd gear, its scary at first but it always seems to burst into life when I put my foot down on the clutch!

Halin9

Re: TCross stalls in 2nd Gear

Post by Halin9 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:39 pm

There has previously been a large discussion on the subject of engine cutting out.... If you search under the Technical section for " engine cutting out" you will find it..
Basically, it was associated with the stop/start system....if you switch off stop/start you should be ok , but the vehicle needs to go back to get the sensor checked/changed..
Hope this helps.

Tricky2

Post by Tricky2 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:16 pm

Is this a VW main dealer?
Giving an off the cuff diagnosis that of stone damage and not covered before even looking at it (I've been on these forums for many years and never heard of a stone damaging an AC compressor)
The 'not enough charge' as they couldn't be bothered to get around to it
The can't test because of covid, how did they get it in and out the workshop, push?

I'd suggest you find another place to service it if I were you.
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:54 pm

I said the same on other thread re the can’t drive it bit.

I’d take it up with the manager

Was it Windrush?
T Cross SEL DSG - Limestone Grey
Space saver tyre

IWRA

Post by IWRA » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:26 am

The stalling is covered in other posts. I asked the dealer to investigate when I took it in for it's first service and registered it as a defect. I was told there is no software fix for it. It is very dangerous when it happens.
2019 T-Cross First Edition

LucyAlan

Post by LucyAlan » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:08 pm

Yes it was Windrush Maidenhead.
Suppose I was a bit GREEN thinking a brand new car would work 100%.
Thanks for everyone's reply, yes switching off Start/Stop sorts out problem of stalling, was told that the diagnostic test for Start/Stop is within the parameters.

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:34 pm

I’ve bought mine from Windrush Slough. Not got it yet but I don’t think you’re green. I’ve only had the odd car in the past that was iffy. Most are as they should be.
T Cross SEL DSG - Limestone Grey
Space saver tyre