VW and their dealers

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
IWRA

VW and their dealers

Post by IWRA » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:57 pm

Having seen a number of posts from owners about lack of information and poor advice from dealers, this being my first VW vehicle in 50 years of car ownership, I have to say that whilst I am very happy with the car however I have not been impressed by the service I have received from VW and the dealer. It and the poor warranty would definitely put me off buying another VW.

My last car was a Mazda, the one before a Hyundai and the one before Mercedes, the service from all those dealers was miles better. We have been put off looking at Ford and Vauxhall in the past due to poor dealer experience.

I wonder whether the manufacturers look at car forums such as this with a view to improving service and dealing with issues? I know VW and dealers plead ignorance when common faults are reported to them, when owners have been talking about them on forums for some time.
2019 T-Cross First Edition

Digitalracer

Re: VW and their dealers

Post by Digitalracer » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:14 pm

I initially started looking last April, wasn't happy and went to a different dealership 30 miles away. Totally different experience, they couldn't have been more friendly or helpful.
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

Halin9

Post by Halin9 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:04 pm

It is often just down to a Dealership..some are very helpful, some rubbish, no matter what make of car.

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:09 pm

Very true. I’ve purposely gone to another, further away in the past, as they couldn’t be bothered. Their loss
Had lovely T Cross SEL DSG - Limestone Grey

Space saver tyre and kit for sale

DrSaG

Post by DrSaG » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:33 pm

My experience with the VW dealers in Sweden is really disappointing as well. They don't know much about the car.

Someone crashed on my drivers door a month ago and I have been going back and forth to the VW workshops at least 3 times a week. They fix one thing and they damage 3 more. First they fixed the door but scratched deeply the black piano trim. Then tried to polish the black piano trim and damaged the other black piano trim from the rear door.....and the story goes on.

As I told them once, If i could go back in time I would have never buy a VW again. Poor service and bad customer support.

I even reported them to the VAG group on Twitter and they came back to me with an email to send my complaint.
1.0 GT DSG 115hp in White :D
Parking sensors front and back
App connect
Active info display
Radio composition media
Electric heated and foldable mirrors

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:00 pm

I had similar years ago with a garage through my insurance department. Each time they fixed the car, it was worse. Are you going through insurance? I ask because in the end I got my insurance company involved and they visited the repair garage to inspect my car and make sure it was done properly

DrSaG

Post by DrSaG » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:59 pm

Ffiscool wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:00 pm
I had similar years ago with a garage through my insurance department. Each time they fixed the car, it was worse. Are you going through insurance? I ask because in the end I got my insurance company involved and they visited the repair garage to inspect my car and make sure it was done properly
I go through insurance yes. I called them today and filed a complaint. They took it quite serious I would say since the guy on the phone told me that they pay many millions every year for insurance costs.
App connect
Active info display
Radio composition media

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:50 pm

that is good. they hate having their money wasted if things not done right first time..

good luck

DrSaG

Post by DrSaG » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:59 pm

Ffiscool wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:50 pm
that is good. they hate having their money wasted if things not done right first time..

good luck
I would definitely need some luck here :) Thanks mate!
App connect
Active info display
Radio composition media