lumbar support

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
Ffiscool

lumbar support

Post by Ffiscool » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:33 am

so.. I know my body is used to the Hyundais I was driving for years, but this seat seems very soft, but the lumbar seems a bit low,. just interested do you find you need the lumbar bit or are you able to sink into the seat?

I am just waiting on a back support thing to be delivered, will try that.
Had lovely T Cross SEL DSG - Limestone Grey

Space saver tyre and kit for sale

Jonblue

Re: lumbar support

Post by Jonblue » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:46 am

I think this has been covered before but my only complaint about the T Cross is the uncomfortable seat which put pressure under my thighs making driving very uncomfortable after 10 minutes or so. I tried the seat in various positions to no avail so landed up trying out several seat cushions to raise my thighs slightly above the seat which helps -- having short legs may be the problem . Much as I like the T Cross, I would not buy another model unless they improved the seats

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:56 am

ah ok. mine is my middle back.. just aches badly. I have a beaded thing that has a wooden frame, which does help. I didn't notice it when i test drove the car, for about 40 minutes.

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:30 pm

I have some back issues and Rheumatoid Arthritis, but haven't found any issues with the seat. The SEL does have the Sports seats. I am 5ft 11,30and a half inside leg and just under 13st.....if size matters😂😂
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:58 pm

lol.... not telling you my lockdown weight

without the lumbar on, it is impossible.. but going to try again with this bead thing i have, as it is firm.

Bean

Post by Bean » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:07 pm

I had audi q5 and battled with seat and my lower back with my t cross am so comfortable. I guess everyone different.

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:09 pm

yes, totally. I do think the lumbar could have been a bit higher, but am sure i will be fine with the back rest thing.. will also do stretches.

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:16 pm

Getting in and out of the car is much better than my Volvo S40. Am really happy with the car, 9 months on, and still think it's very pleasing on the eye. Definitely made the right choice having looked at various other options, it looks good and the perfect size inside and out.
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:52 pm

I loved my hyundai, such a shame they discontinued, but I had them for years.. I would have kept it, but it lacked so many of the things I like, no apple car play, no climate control, to name but a few.

plus whilst I was out of the office on hols, and when I changed the car, was when an email came out talking about redundancies. So if I am at risk, I would never have changed the car.. so that is not helping

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:05 pm

Sorry to hear that, fingers x'd for you. I bought mine on PCP, the only way I could afford it, the Volvo was 12 years old, I'd had it for 8. Started to get my old age pension as I picked up the car so the monthly payments were more than covered.