Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner

lumbar support

9K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  Ffiscool 
#1 ·
so.. I know my body is used to the Hyundais I was driving for years, but this seat seems very soft, but the lumbar seems a bit low,. just interested do you find you need the lumbar bit or are you able to sink into the seat?

I am just waiting on a back support thing to be delivered, will try that.

#2 ·
I think this has been covered before but my only complaint about the T Cross is the uncomfortable seat which put pressure under my thighs making driving very uncomfortable after 10 minutes or so. I tried the seat in various positions to no avail so landed up trying out several seat cushions to raise my thighs slightly above the seat which helps -- having short legs may be the problem . Much as I like the T Cross, I would not buy another model unless they improved the seats

#3 ·
ah ok. mine is my middle back.. just aches badly. I have a beaded thing that has a wooden frame, which does help. I didn't notice it when i test drove the car, for about 40 minutes.

#4 ·
I have some back issues and Rheumatoid Arthritis, but haven't found any issues with the seat. The SEL does have the Sports seats. I am 5ft 11,30and a half inside leg and just under 13st.....if size matters😂😂

#8 ·
Getting in and out of the car is much better than my Volvo S40. Am really happy with the car, 9 months on, and still think it's very pleasing on the eye. Definitely made the right choice having looked at various other options, it looks good and the perfect size inside and out.

#9 ·
I loved my hyundai, such a shame they discontinued, but I had them for years.. I would have kept it, but it lacked so many of the things I like, no apple car play, no climate control, to name but a few.

plus whilst I was out of the office on hols, and when I changed the car, was when an email came out talking about redundancies. So if I am at risk, I would never have changed the car.. so that is not helping

#10 ·
Sorry to hear that, fingers x'd for you. I bought mine on PCP, the only way I could afford it, the Volvo was 12 years old, I'd had it for 8. Started to get my old age pension as I picked up the car so the monthly payments were more than covered.

#11 ·
thank you.. it is the not knowing bit. I did mine on PCP to get the discounts, but the % rate was higher than my bank. So took the loan with the bank and paid the PCP off yesterday, as within 14 days you can withdraw with no explanation needed. but I just wouldn't have done anything. Worst case, I will sell this, and buy a year old something else to release cash.

#13 ·
As did mine. I stuck with the PCP so have options over next 4 years of swapping to a new car, pay off and keep or move to electric dependent on battery development or legislation. Things move so fast these days.

#14 ·
it is funny, most people I know do PCPs, but I have always liked the car to be mine, so that come what may, I can do something. Had my bank not been such a low apr, I probably would have stuck with the PCP this time. But given my current situ, it is better for me that I didn't.

#15 ·
How does that work out? I know the interest is lower, but with PCP you're offsetting a chunk of the capital, the future value. Surely the payments have to be more?

#16 ·
I part exch a car so that effectively was the chunk. It was worth more than my max contribution, so I borrowed less from the bank and over a shorter term, by 1 year. So i see what you're saying, but for me it was the monthly amounts I wanted to be lower without having to think what I might do at the end of the term. My bank was 2.9%

#18 ·
it is M&S.. definitely worth it. It is just a different way of thinking re PCP, for me. I also didn't want to have to worry say if anyone banged the car that I would have to get it fixed or worry about end payment, so the payment for me is better up front, as I might not be working in 3 years or less. I probably would have done it, but way back or if interest rates were the other way around etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.