lumbar support

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
Ffiscool

Re: lumbar support

Post by Ffiscool » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:45 pm

thank you.. it is the not knowing bit. I did mine on PCP to get the discounts, but the % rate was higher than my bank. So took the loan with the bank and paid the PCP off yesterday, as within 14 days you can withdraw with no explanation needed. but I just wouldn't have done anything. Worst case, I will sell this, and buy a year old something else to release cash.
Had lovely T Cross SEL DSG - Limestone Grey

Space saver tyre and kit for sale

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:47 pm

Shame my old car went to auction

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:05 pm

As did mine. I stuck with the PCP so have options over next 4 years of swapping to a new car, pay off and keep or move to electric dependent on battery development or legislation. Things move so fast these days.
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:11 pm

it is funny, most people I know do PCPs, but I have always liked the car to be mine, so that come what may, I can do something. Had my bank not been such a low apr, I probably would have stuck with the PCP this time. But given my current situ, it is better for me that I didn't.

Tricky2

Post by Tricky2 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:44 pm

How does that work out? I know the interest is lower, but with PCP you're offsetting a chunk of the capital, the future value. Surely the payments have to be more?
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:21 pm

I part exch a car so that effectively was the chunk. It was worth more than my max contribution, so I borrowed less from the bank and over a shorter term, by 1 year. So i see what you’re saying, but for me it was the monthly amounts I wanted to be lower without having to think what I might do at the end of the term. My bank was 2.9%

Tricky2

Post by Tricky2 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:56 am

That's a good deal, the lowest I've heard of from a bank. Good on yer!
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:51 am

it is M&S.. definitely worth it. It is just a different way of thinking re PCP, for me. I also didn't want to have to worry say if anyone banged the car that I would have to get it fixed or worry about end payment, so the payment for me is better up front, as I might not be working in 3 years or less. I probably would have done it, but way back or if interest rates were the other way around etc.