Selling

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
Ffiscool

Selling

Post by Ffiscool » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:52 pm

On another thread I was talking about maybe being made redundant. I am not likely to know yet, it could be anytime we are notified or, hopefully not.

The latest I could hear is end of September, which is agonising.

I was waiting to see what happens and then sort the car, but that feels out of my control and could be when I am not in the right frame of mind to worry about a car.

So I am putting feelers out now. If any of you know anyone or have been browsing on here, thinking of buying one, please PM me.

I am looking at other cars, used, but all that I like, luckily would give me some cash back, as I definitely would not need a new car.

I might try auto trader too, but would rather ask on here first.

I should also add it has 2 years servicing on it and the space saver tyre.
Last edited by Ffiscool on Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Had lovely T Cross SEL DSG - Limestone Grey

Space saver tyre and kit for sale

GNev88

Re: if I sell

Post by GNev88 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:04 am

Sorry to hear your situation pal. There's a TCross group on Facebook, may be worth adding to aswell, sure there's alot on there just browsing and researching, it's VW T-Cross owners club.

Hope you get sorted 👍

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:46 am

Thank you. Appreciate it

GNev88

Post by GNev88 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:14 am

No probs.

Obviously I've no idea what you do for a living but my industry, the railway, seems like one of the few places ticking along during all of this, there has been some disruption but not to the extent of other sectors, very impressed with how they've managed the entire situation. They're still advertising and recruiting, and I can't recommend the jobs enough, they take good care of you if you come in and get on with your job.

Here's a link to my lot's UK careers page, https://jobs.deutschebahngroup.careers/ ... bOffset=10

Or other train companies if we're nowhere near you, hope it all works out for you pal.

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:42 am

Thank you. I work for a large management consultancy which is American owned. We will lose the majority I think in the consultant area where they’re not bringing in new work. Our year starts Sept so we always get rid of some before taking in new. So this will combine with that. I’m in the admin side, we shall see.

Ffiscool

Selling, nearly definitely

Post by Ffiscool » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:17 pm

I am emailing the dealer I bought from. They might have people wanting to not wait for brand new - plus this would be a bit cheaper. I am still deciding what I would get as a used, but I know I need to do this for my sanity. Shame I cannot turn back the clock and just have my old car.. If I had know about the redundancies situ beforehand, no way i would have thought about buying new. It is what it is.

I have requested to join that FB page, thanks for the tip again.

GNev88

Post by GNev88 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:51 pm

Fingers crossed for some good news RE redundancy, probably lots of carry over skills on the admin side if you do end up in a new job at some point, I'm abit of a one trick pony.

Good idea going back to the dealer, assuming delivery times have been extended with the virus and disruption, you may be in a strong position for a buyer, car ready to go. May be worth visiting other dealers near by also, they may have waiting lists for a car of your spec and they'll be happy to mediate a sale in sure.

I think we could all benefit from hindsight now and then, but try not to let it get you down, what's done is done, what matters is you're being proactive, more chance of the
situation being resolved and doing nothing hoping it sorts itself. Glad you found the group, good luck 👍.

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:42 pm

Thank you. Appreciate it. I did think yes, I will approach my local dealer too once I hear back from where I bought it. I can only really say I lost control, in all this craziness and getting some control does help. I’m glad too I found it.

Re jobs if I need to look, the good thing is a lot of businesses who are not back into office space, will be wanting virtual PAs hopefully. 😊

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:27 am

I emailed where I bought it from and weirdly no reply. They have always been so quick to reply.. Perhaps the dealer is on holiday, so will try them later. Also gone to my local one, to see. Hopefully they will reply soon too. At least then I know what I am doing or not.

GNev88

Post by GNev88 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:58 pm

They will maybe do abit research before getting back, you should do the same maybe, see how much other cars with a similar age/mileage are going for, will give you an idea of the best selling price for the car of your spec and age, you'll probably be able to calculate how much of a "hit" financially you're willing to take to get rid of the car, couple hundred to get it cheaper than the similar cars etc.