Selling

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
Ffiscool

Selling Space Saver tyre/kit

Post by Ffiscool » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:10 pm

I have put it onto Autotrader and the FB page. There are cars of similar price to mine but they are either much higher mileage, or not SEL or not auto. I think i have fairly priced it, and Autotrader suggested the figure. I had a call back from a dealer, it was laughable. I know they need to make money but seriously. My local dealer calling me tomorrow, the one I bought from - not heard a thing. To be fair the salesperson could be off from work. I will contact them tomorrow at the dealership itself. I think as it is the grey, it might be easier to sell.

If I can't, then I can't. It has been a sharp lesson to me though, not to buy new again as you never know what circumstances might alter things.
Last edited by Ffiscool on Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Had lovely T Cross SEL DSG - Limestone Grey

Space saver tyre and kit for sale

Ffiscool

Re: Selling

Post by Ffiscool » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:07 pm

typical, as soon as I pay for an ad, then I get a not bad at all offer from the original dealer. Just waiting on local dealer to see if they do it too, as obviously easier for me to get back from there. Also original dealer said no rush as in not in the next few days, so a major relief. He said the prices are not coming down that fast within a week or two but demand is high re COVID.. hence a better price..

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:15 pm

I am though selling the space saver tyre, they said I can have that - as was an added rather than with the car. Happy to sell it for £115 which is the cost if added as factory order. If anyone is interested? I am near Watford.

GNev88

Post by GNev88 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:49 pm

Ah great news, between the two dealers it looks like you'll be able to move the car on soon enough, typically once you've paid for an Ad.

Hope all goes well 👍

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:06 pm

Thank you, phew

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:01 pm

so my car goes tomorrow :-( It has been great being on here, and thank you for all your replies and thoughts along the way.

one more question please - I have taken the wheel out of the car - nearly killed me - and it had a post with a large nut, to keep it in place. For those without a tyre/space saver - do you have the post and nut anyway, or would it have only come with the spare?

thank you again

Tricky2

Post by Tricky2 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:12 pm

The post and nut stay in the car, the emergency inflate kit has a polystyrene box which has a hole in the middle that the post goes through and the nut screws onto.

Just for us curious ones, what was your disposal resolution in the end?
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:22 pm

Aha. Thank you. I’ll put that back.

VW are buying it back, really good price. Then I’m sorting a diff car, 7 months old, releases a good chunk of cash. I can stop beating myself up a bit now.

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:12 am

Glad you got a good deal 👍
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

Tricky2

Post by Tricky2 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:04 am

Glad you got a deal you're happy with. All the best in motoring and on the employment front. Cheers.
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG