10mph door locking help

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
craymore

Re: 10mph door locking help

Post by craymore » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:58 pm

Hello,

On my T-Cross infotainment system, under the car settings menu, I noticed a "Door Locking" entry ( or something similar ), with options like : All, Side, Driver, none

I will check again tomorrow, not sure about the exact menu label, but maybe this configures what you're looking for ?

Cheers
T-Cross United / 1.0L DSG

Tricky2

Post by Tricky2 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:04 pm

Claymore, just take a peek back a couple of posts, You'll see that option in The First picture in my post a couple back. Similar featured for security, you can configure to only unlock the drivers door on a single unlock, to prevent someone jumping in the passenger door. You then double unlock to unlock all the doors. With all it unlocks all doors immediately, on first press.

The second picture shows what was being asked for, the option to disable drive away locking.
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG

SteveP56

Post by SteveP56 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:58 pm

Ffiscool wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:29 pm
So good when things can be sorted
Hi i am going to push my luck now!
I have been looking at OBD11 units and there seems to be many to choose from.
As your OBD11 obviously works well I wondered if you would let me know the model that you have and where it came from.
And do you need to download software online or does it come with the unit I don't have a tablet but I have an Android phone or a Windows notebook.
Also, in the procedure you mention a password/number where did that come from.

I (think) I have started a PM if you would prefer to answer the questions in that way.
SEL 1.5 DSG in Pure White, Rear camera, Keyless entry, Active info display

SteveP56

Post by SteveP56 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:00 pm

DOH!

My last reply was aimed at Tricky2.

I will get the hang of these Forum thingys one day

Tricky2

Post by Tricky2 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:30 pm

Hi, OBDeleven is the manufacturer, you can get it from them or via amazon. I got the original pro, basically just a plug in into the diagnostic port. This is it "OBDeleven PRO diagnostics tool for VAG vehicles: AUDI, VW, SEAT, SKODA Includes pro activation code" sorry tried posting amazon link but this forum blocked it.

51SkIF96NfL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

It was originally only android, the new version also works on iOS. Android phone is fine, it works quite happily. I just happen to have the tablet and so get a bigger screen. You download the software from the android store, then pair the dongle to the software (during this you need to create an account with OBDeleven).

All the control modules distributed throughout the car have a Security Access code. Many have the most common, but there are various others. On the OBDeleven website there are sections for each of the cars, and example coding. The coding is mostly the same across models of a similar vintage, so you can copy go,fcmk7 coding and it'll mostly be as is for the cross.

I had a problem around the beginning of the year where I meddled with the cross, got the coding wrong, and had to put up with an error message on screen for many weeks. Taught me to check the codes, and in searching found many for individual modules. You can read my confession here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=302&p=3154#p3154 last but one post in the discussion.
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG

SteveP56

Post by SteveP56 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:59 am

Thanks for the Info

Rocker47

Post by Rocker47 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:15 am

I've just tested on mine. Press the "unlock" whilst driving at above 10kms/h and the doors stay unlocked. So where's the problem?
T-Cross Lounge (FR) 1.0 TSI 115 DSG7
Blue Alaska (5M5M)
City pack (Parking sensors F/R, Fog lights, Elec. Folding mirrors) Tinted Rear Glass.

fiex

Post by fiex » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:27 am

Rocker47 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:15 am
I've just tested on mine. Press the "unlock" whilst driving at above 10kms/h and the doors stay unlocked. So where's the problem?
When the car comes to a stop, and you drive off again, it would lock again.

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:11 am

Agree, slowed down for junction, didn't even stop, pulled away and it relocked.
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

SteveP56

Post by SteveP56 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:08 pm

Hi tricky2
I have been looking at the OBD website and there seems to be an updated version available. Looking at the supported cars list for the Pro version and 2019- T Cross is not included.
I have e-mailed OBD to ask if this is true or just an omission.
What is the build date of your T-Cross?