New owner

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
robby71

New owner

Post by robby71 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:51 pm

Well finally picked up my 2019 R-Line today a week after buying it online (takes a week to prep?)

100 mile journey home and pleasantly surprised - nice and smooth (same as 7 previous VAG 1.4s), nippy(ish), 57mpg on motorway.

I did notice some noise on motorway which made me think a window was slightly open, checked and all were closed so i guess it suffers from wind noise?
No rattles or creaks (yet - will have after a week of Yorkshire roads) inside but a slight noise in the boot area - might be the rubber boot protector?

Hopefully i'll get the chance this weekend to fit my dashcam and start the detailing process

1 thing i couldn't work out was the satnav screen on the "stereo" - i somehow put the map on the dash when driving so the full display on the "stereo" went to 1/2 size and i couldn't figure out how to make it full screen again - any ideas? or will it reset next time i use it?

Managed (when i got home) to deactivate most of the assist features but the front assist shows a warning on the dash :( guess this is how it is?

Got some accessories on order from China :shock: such as carbon look moulded centre console cover for between the armrest and gear lever, F+R mudflaps, Golf GTi MK7 alloy footrest to match the pedals and rubber mats for all the pockets, etc :) already has the boot protector, rear bumper protector so apart from Heko wind deflectors there doesn't seem to much else available (anyone know UK suppliers of accessories?)

I have a spare pair of MK7 Golf gloss black mirror covers - might see if they fit tommorow 8-)

14a.jpg

Tricky2

Re: New owner

Post by Tricky2 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:16 pm

When you move your hand near the head display soft buttons pop up along the bottom. It's one of the ones close to you, View or maybe the one next to it?
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG

robby71

Re: New owner

Post by robby71 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:10 pm

Thanks - i'll have another play this weekend

Gave it a proper wash today, used some Iron-X but not much contamination on, will give it a quick clay tommorow and a coat of sealant for the winter, doesn't really need paint correction so will leave that till next year :)

Fitted the dash-cam and what a pain that was :( with the fuse box being on the drivers side and wanting the camera on the passenger sid of the mirror i had to route the wiring above the pedals, behind the centre console, behind glovebox, up the side of the passenger side dash. screen pillar and headlining - only just enough wiring but now there's no wires showing :)