Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner

Not short people friendly

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Tricky2 
#1 ·
Hi all

We've had our new 2021 TC for 3 days now and we're in awe how good this car is.

For me its all good, not quite for my wife, she is 5 foot tall and she has to put the seat in the higest and closest position and although she can reach the gas and brake pedals she cannot rest her heel properly. The gas pedal seems to be rounded which makes it even more difficult for her. The left foot rest is also too far away so just her toes can rest!
Seems the seat does not tilt as it's raised as with our old Suzuki Grand Vitara and the gas pedal was flat.

- Foot rest, I was thinking maybe velcrove a piece of wood?
- I don't know what to do about the pedals, just needs that extra inch closer maybe. I guess the rubber can be changhed for different ones or buy a pair of shoes with a longer heal and sole. For me I find driving with thick sole shoes makes me press harder as I cannot feel it.

Just wondered if anybody has any ideas.

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
VW cannot do anything about the gas pedal. Strange I have a friend who got a new T-Roc last week and the gas pedal on that is a lot longer and closer to the floor.
T-Cross it's small curved and quite high off the floor!!

#4 ·
Yes I thought of that but things like this have to be done officially here in Spain, good in a way for safety.
I will have to find a piece of carpet to go under the mat which is fastned anyway so should not move.

#5 ·
My husband has just had his new mobility car which is a VW T cross. I do most of the driving because I am his carer, my husband is tall but I’m only small. I hate it the accelerator is far too short so for me it’s very uncomfortable to drive. I know there is no way I could drive this a long distance. I want my husband to return it and get something else not a VW. VERY disappointed with VW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.