Ordered my T-Cross SEL today!

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
arkay

Ordered my T-Cross SEL today!

Post by arkay » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:31 pm

Well I’ve taken the plunge! I went into my local VW dealer to see what the situation was with the car. I was able to order most of what I wanted and amazingly got £1000 towards my deposit for the finance package. I got a good trade-in for my 2017 Golf GT diesel.
Ordered the following with my manual 115PS SEL (£21650): deep black pearl metallic paint £575, winter pack £300, folding mirrors £160 and rear view camera £260. Total: £22945. Got the first two services for £199 because I had taken the finance package. One ‘problem’ was I tried to order the Driving Mode Selection at £140 but it was not on their configurator for some reason.

Some observations: SEL spec is very good. I didn’t go for the Active Info Display just to keep things simple - my wife would not appreciate it. I reckon the R-Line is a bit overpriced. You don’t really get that much for the extra nearly £2000. Besides I reckon the 18 inch wheels could be a bit more uncomfortable. It may look a bit ‘sportier’ but the spec did not convince me.

As to delivery he said it was showing late April build and late May handover. Much better than I thought but will believe it when it happens! Sales manager said I was the first person to order a T-Cross in their group of dealerships so maybe the quoted delivery time is down to that.

I will obviously keep you folks up-dated with the progress of the order and if anyone has a query I will be only too pleased to help if I can.
Last edited by arkay on Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T-Cross SEL manual 115PS ordered 7/3/19. Extras: Deep Black Pearl, folding door mirrors, winter pack and rear view camera. Car was built 15/4/19 - delivery due mid May. Handover was on Monday 3rd June.

IWRA

Re: Ordered my T-Cross SEL today!

Post by IWRA » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:49 pm

I have a First Edition on order. It is built and in transit, due I hope at the end of the month.
2019 T-Cross First Edition

arkay

Post by arkay » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:07 pm

Great! You’ll be able to tell us what it is like. Hopefully my point about the 18 inch wheels is wrong. I was tempted by the First Edition but did not fancy the colour but it is great value.
Did you take the finance option?
T-Cross SEL manual 115PS ordered 7/3/19. Extras: Deep Black Pearl, folding door mirrors, winter pack and rear view camera. Car was built 15/4/19 - delivery due mid May. Handover was on Monday 3rd June.

IWRA

Post by IWRA » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:47 pm

Yes, I would have preferred any colour but white, but given the spec it is good value. It's a bit of a risk not seeing or driving one, but size, style, spec, etc is what I was looking for. I've not had a VW before.

arkay

Post by arkay » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:41 pm

I made sure my wife and I had a good test drive in a petrol Arona which is probably very close in feel to how the T-Cross will be. I was very impressed by the smoothness/ease of driving of the 115PS manual we drove. Was actually tempted by the Arona - great dealership and short delivery times but could not settle on a specification that ticked all my boxes.
I’m sure the T-Cross is the right choice for us.

SauceyBean

Post by SauceyBean » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:35 pm

Congratulations mate! Sounds like the handover time is right around the corner, that's amazing. Looks like a really nice spec you've got there as well, I'd probably have went down the same route perhaps with the active info but we'll see once I go down to the dealership myself.

arkay

Post by arkay » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:23 pm

I have an update on my order:
Ordered 7th March, confirmed build week 16 i.e. w/b 15th April. Expected delivery 3 to 4 weeks after. That works out at delivery middle of May - about 10/11 weeks order to delivery. Very happy with that - here’s hoping it doesn’t slip backwards!
Extras ordered: folding door mirrors, winter pack and rear view camera. Dealer promised to get me a spare wheel before delivery - it was too late to add it to the order.

IWRA

Post by IWRA » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:27 pm

I'm told today I can collect mine from the dealer next Thursday. I have been chasing the dealer sinced it arrived in Sheerness on 21 March. I found out today having chased again that they raised a transport order on 28 March and for some reason it is still sitting in the port!

arkay

Post by arkay » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:19 pm

My SEL was built on Monday and is now in transit. Should have it 3 to 4 weeks. Amazed at the speed of the build!
Looking forward to hearing what you think of your First Edition IWRA.

IWRA

Post by IWRA » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:28 pm

It has arrived at the dealers, but they have just told me that VW won't let them release it until Saturday which apparently is the official UK release date!