Ordered my T-Cross SEL today!

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
IWRA

Re: Ordered my T-Cross SEL today!

Post by IWRA » Thu May 30, 2019 7:02 am

Very happy so far other than the fact I still don't have an owners manual. If I was ordering now rather than back in February I think I would go for an SEL automatic with Beats, folding door mirrors, keyless entry, winter pack and rear view camera, however I would find it very hard to justify the extra cost over the £22,000 paid for the First Edition. There is quite a price hike on the SEL over the SE but the level of equipment on the SEL and First Edition is excellent.
2019 T-Cross First Edition

katydaly

Post by katydaly » Thu May 30, 2019 11:51 am

IWRA wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 7:02 am
Very happy so far other than the fact I still don't have an owners manual. If I was ordering now rather than back in February I think I would go for an SEL automatic with Beats, folding door mirrors, keyless entry, winter pack and rear view camera, however I would find it very hard to justify the extra cost over the £22,000 paid for the First Edition. There is quite a price hike on the SEL over the SE but the level of equipment on the SEL and First Edition is excellent.
Glad to hear you are enjoying. I’m having second thoughts, might pop to a dealer to see one again for reassurance!
R-line,white + winter pack, park assist, beats.
- Ordered: 23.04.19
- build week 23 (03.06.19)
- stage 5 (in transit) on 02.06.19
-stage 6 on 23.06.19 (arrived in the U.K.)
-app stage 7 27.06.19 (though was at dealer from 25th).
- collected 28.06.19

arkay

Post by arkay » Thu May 30, 2019 7:26 pm

In answer to katydaly: yes we went for the full Supagard treatment. Got a good discount on it and it will help me clean the Black Paint more easily I’m sure. The dealer had to order a spare wheel for me as it was not on the configurator when I ordered. He also ‘threw in’ Gap Insurance as part of the deal. I took out a service contract for the first two services - just £199 if you take their finance.

The dealer contacted me when the car arrived yesterday and invited me to go in a have a wee look at it. We also checked that the extras were fitted as ordered (rear view camera, winter pack and folding mirrors). I signed up for the finance package and they e-mailed the agreement for me to sign electronically which I did this evening. We agreed to pick up the car on Monday morning to give them time to apply the Supagard and do the PDI. They can turn it round quicker but Monday suited us fine. We have been very well treated by our dealer - they made the whole experience enjoyable and bearable.
T-Cross SEL manual 115PS ordered 7/3/19. Extras: Deep Black Pearl, folding door mirrors, winter pack and rear view camera. Car was built 15/4/19 - delivery due mid May. Handover was on Monday 3rd June.