Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner

Calling all week 36ers

51K views 83 replies 11 participants last post by  MikeW 
#1 ·
Hi

In previous posts it seemed that a few of were week 36ers when it came to our T Cross builds.

Well the week is here... Has anyone had their order progress update to Build In Progress yet?

As you can probably guess I haven't :cry:

Thanks

Simon

#52 ·
😮,,, well i was expecting a dealer call tday and didnt.... now i know why,,,, no real news for them to impart. Know more first here anyway
😀

#53 ·
spc369 said:
😮,,, well i was expecting a dealer call tday and didnt.... now i know why,,,, no real news for them to impart. Know more first here anyway
😀
30 minutes from port, hope my dealer is quick to hand over. Email primed for in the morning :lol:

#54 ·
MikeW said:
spc369 said:
😀
30 minutes from port, hope my dealer is quick to hand over. Email primed for in the morning :lol:
Yes, I have been watching it's slow progress as well. Let's see what tomorrow brings, however I imagine that Sheerness has a lot of cars as there have been a number of ships in the last week.

#56 ·
SimonF said:
Well the Patara is now on its way to Cork. I wonder how long it takes for cars to appear 'in the UK'??
Hopefully we will get the texts tomorrow morning, the data in the app seems to update just after 8am, however the dealer should have real time information on their system.

#57 ·
&#x1f44d-1f3fc; I find its the email that makes me look at the app. My dealer gets 2 deliveries a week occasionally 3. Just a question of slots and how efficient they are.

#58 ·
Drw said:
SimonF said:
Well the Patara is now on its way to Cork. I wonder how long it takes for cars to appear 'in the UK'??
Hopefully we will get the texts tomorrow morning, the data in the app seems to update just after 8am, however the dealer should have real time information on their system.
Well the systems down for me so it won't show anything and my dealer has said it's not showing up on there system as in the UK. Well I hope it is or it must have fallen off the boat on the way over. I asked to see what number plates are available just get mugged off when your spending 23K Joke

#59 ·
I reckon theres still some sort of export/customs checks so could take a day to show as in uk..... im also waiting to pick a reg. Reckon the dealer calls you in when they know its confirmed.

#61 ·
Ive taken the smart ins this time as it was only a tenner more a month. If you mean the body ins. Even though im super careful and rarely park next to people lol.

Gap ive taken in in the past with ala who advertise here.... however its also worth checking your car insurance as some policies cover this. Check the small print. Never take the dealer gap, way overpriced.

#62 ·
Based on past experience I would recommend Shortfall for dent/scratch insurance. Works out at about £240 for a 3 year policy. I'll be ordering it for my wife's T Cross tomorrow

Of course, you never how good these things are until you have to use them. I had somebody damage the bumper on my Mercedes last year, about 4" square of paint removed. One call and within a couple of days Autoglass (yes they do bodywork too) came to my house and sorted the repair superbly, no evidence of the damage whatsoever. All I had to do was pay a £25 excess.

#63 ·
Hi, I checked with VW via DM and they were responsive for a change !
The response was:-

"Hi David, your vehicle was moved to another vessel which can happen for time to time. It is now on route to Sheerness aboard PEGASUS ACE which is due to dock over the next couple of days. One this happens then the app will update. We hope this helps. "

Pegasus Ace should be docking in Sheerness in an hour or two. Basically that means my car (and probably others) was off loaded in Setabul !

#64 ·
Drw said:
Pegasus Ace should be docking in Sheerness in an hour or two. Basically that means my car (and probably others) was off loaded in Setabul !
At least we wont need to run them in with all the mileage they are doing around the ports!!

#65 ·
My last 2 vw's had delivery mileage of 7 and 8 miles respectively.

#69 ·
Stage6 here 😎

You were right DRW updates after 8am &#x1f44d-1f3fb;

#71 ·
SimonF said:
Just moved to stage 6! Must have been offloaded in Grimsby yesterday.
That's excellent news, now all we need to do is be patient !

#73 ·
kristyw said:
Mine too! How long you reckon until they get to the dealers?
I think it is normally somewhere between 2 days and 2 weeks !

#74 ·
Well im on holiday as of 230 today so before next friday would be nice

#76 ·
TX19 said:
Mines gone to stage 7 today so pretty quick from stage 6 last Friday..
Is stage7 at the dealers?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.