Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner

Ordered my T-Cross SEL today!

17K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  arkay 
#1 ·
Well I've taken the plunge! I went into my local VW dealer to see what the situation was with the car. I was able to order most of what I wanted and amazingly got £1000 towards my deposit for the finance package. I got a good trade-in for my 2017 Golf GT diesel.
Ordered the following with my manual 115PS SEL (£21650): deep black pearl metallic paint £575, winter pack £300, folding mirrors £160 and rear view camera £260. Total: £22945. Got the first two services for £199 because I had taken the finance package. One 'problem' was I tried to order the Driving Mode Selection at £140 but it was not on their configurator for some reason.

Some observations: SEL spec is very good. I didn't go for the Active Info Display just to keep things simple - my wife would not appreciate it. I reckon the R-Line is a bit overpriced. You don't really get that much for the extra nearly £2000. Besides I reckon the 18 inch wheels could be a bit more uncomfortable. It may look a bit 'sportier' but the spec did not convince me.

As to delivery he said it was showing late April build and late May handover. Much better than I thought but will believe it when it happens! Sales manager said I was the first person to order a T-Cross in their group of dealerships so maybe the quoted delivery time is down to that.

I will obviously keep you folks up-dated with the progress of the order and if anyone has a query I will be only too pleased to help if I can.

See less See more
#3 ·
Great! You'll be able to tell us what it is like. Hopefully my point about the 18 inch wheels is wrong. I was tempted by the First Edition but did not fancy the colour but it is great value.
Did you take the finance option?

#5 ·
I made sure my wife and I had a good test drive in a petrol Arona which is probably very close in feel to how the T-Cross will be. I was very impressed by the smoothness/ease of driving of the 115PS manual we drove. Was actually tempted by the Arona - great dealership and short delivery times but could not settle on a specification that ticked all my boxes.
I'm sure the T-Cross is the right choice for us.

#6 ·
Congratulations mate! Sounds like the handover time is right around the corner, that's amazing. Looks like a really nice spec you've got there as well, I'd probably have went down the same route perhaps with the active info but we'll see once I go down to the dealership myself.

#7 ·
I have an update on my order:
Ordered 7th March, confirmed build week 16 i.e. w/b 15th April. Expected delivery 3 to 4 weeks after. That works out at delivery middle of May - about 10/11 weeks order to delivery. Very happy with that - here's hoping it doesn't slip backwards!
Extras ordered: folding door mirrors, winter pack and rear view camera. Dealer promised to get me a spare wheel before delivery - it was too late to add it to the order.

#8 ·
I'm told today I can collect mine from the dealer next Thursday. I have been chasing the dealer sinced it arrived in Sheerness on 21 March. I found out today having chased again that they raised a transport order on 28 March and for some reason it is still sitting in the port!

#9 ·
My SEL was built on Monday and is now in transit. Should have it 3 to 4 weeks. Amazed at the speed of the build!
Looking forward to hearing what you think of your First Edition IWRA.

#14 ·
Ordered my new T-Cross on Saturday! Had previously ordered a T-Roc in February, but took 2 months to be told that the engine I had chosen was no longer being put in that model. Very glad to have seen a T-Cross when we went back to discuss options, can't wait to get it now! Hopefully won't take too long to arrive!

#15 ·
CJCD said:
Ordered my new T-Cross on Saturday! Had previously ordered a T-Roc in February, but took 2 months to be told that the engine I had chosen was no longer being put in that model. Very glad to have seen a T-Cross when we went back to discuss options, can't wait to get it now! Hopefully won't take too long to arrive!
:?: Which engine is no longer available :?:

#16 ·
They're not putting the 1 litre 115PS in the SEL model, and the next available engine meant a much longer wait! I think you'll be fine those as the 1.5 was my other option :)

#17 ·
My SEL arrived at the dealer yesterday. Was invited in to have a good look at it and check that extras ordered are all in place. That makes it 12 weeks exactly from order to arriving at the dealer. Looks like recent orders may not be so lucky. Manager said he can't get enough of them - interest in the T-Cross seems to have taken off.

#19 ·
arkay said:
My SEL arrived at the dealer yesterday. Was invited in to have a good look at it and check that extras ordered are all in place. That makes it 12 weeks exactly from order to arriving at the dealer. Looks like recent orders may not be so lucky. Manager said he can't get enough of them - interest in the T-Cross seems to have taken off.
So exciting, was all in order?

Have you chosen ceramic coating or any dealer extras?

How does the process work once it's with dealer? I presume they clean and check, complete finance then hand over?

#20 ·
IWRA said:
Good luck on Monday. Let me know if it comes with an owner's manual, if not ensure you get full briefing on how everything works. Check the tyre pressures are correct as they are over inflated at the factory.
IWRA, how are you finding it now you've had it for a while? Any comments, suggestions, regrets?

#21 ·
Very happy so far other than the fact I still don't have an owners manual. If I was ordering now rather than back in February I think I would go for an SEL automatic with Beats, folding door mirrors, keyless entry, winter pack and rear view camera, however I would find it very hard to justify the extra cost over the £22,000 paid for the First Edition. There is quite a price hike on the SEL over the SE but the level of equipment on the SEL and First Edition is excellent.

#22 ·
IWRA said:
Very happy so far other than the fact I still don't have an owners manual. If I was ordering now rather than back in February I think I would go for an SEL automatic with Beats, folding door mirrors, keyless entry, winter pack and rear view camera, however I would find it very hard to justify the extra cost over the £22,000 paid for the First Edition. There is quite a price hike on the SEL over the SE but the level of equipment on the SEL and First Edition is excellent.
Glad to hear you are enjoying. I'm having second thoughts, might pop to a dealer to see one again for reassurance!

#23 ·
In answer to katydaly: yes we went for the full Supagard treatment. Got a good discount on it and it will help me clean the Black Paint more easily I'm sure. The dealer had to order a spare wheel for me as it was not on the configurator when I ordered. He also 'threw in' Gap Insurance as part of the deal. I took out a service contract for the first two services - just £199 if you take their finance.

The dealer contacted me when the car arrived yesterday and invited me to go in a have a wee look at it. We also checked that the extras were fitted as ordered (rear view camera, winter pack and folding mirrors). I signed up for the finance package and they e-mailed the agreement for me to sign electronically which I did this evening. We agreed to pick up the car on Monday morning to give them time to apply the Supagard and do the PDI. They can turn it round quicker but Monday suited us fine. We have been very well treated by our dealer - they made the whole experience enjoyable and bearable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.