Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner

Ceco display and coasting with DSG

17K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  Tricky2 
#1 ·
I have a major gripe with the "eco inside a circle" icon and coasting when you have DSG.

I have a 2020 year VW T-Cross R-line 115ps DSG. One of it's features is coasting, where it disconnects the engine and gearbox whilst driving. All this I understand as I have this also on my 2015 Tiguan DSG. However the Tiguan is straightforward, lift off the accelerator, The car disengages drive and start coasting. Gear display switches from D+number to D showing the car is effectively out of gear.

However with the T-Cross I've failed to determine the conditions when this happens. I can see it happen, gear selection looses the gear number, just showing D, and eco in a circle appears on the dashboard. However, it appears inconsistent, I can be driving along, lift off the accelerator and it starts coasting, I reapply drive and it reengages gear. Moments later I lift off again and it doesn't coast! I can keep to a set driving style, maintaining the same speed, and the car will and will not coast seemingly randomly.

It's not specific to a speed, a range of gears, or any other condition that I have been able to determine. It's driving me mad as I cannot determine with any predictability when or where the car will enter coasting.

The manual is no help either as it simply says coasting exists, within a speed range not even mentioning the eco light. Where it does mention the eco light it doesn't mention coasting, simply the car is in eco mode! The manual also suggests you can switch the mode on and off, but in mine certainly you can't.

Anybody else being driven mad by this?

See less See more
#27 ·
Thanks for the added info, that explains why some owners didn't have a clue what I was on about, I thought it was standard from release. Ours is a my20 model, collected just before Xmas.

#31 ·
I spent a long time investigating and never found a way to control coasting. It's got a mind of it's own!

#33 ·
Two things you can do, drive enthusiastically, it'll learn you don't want economy and come on less often. If you have the gear paddles on the steering wheel, click the left down change while in eco, it won't change down, but will re engage the gears.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.