Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner

Reverse brake assist + suspension heights

7K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Digitalracer 
#1 ·
Emergency brake regularly triggered as I reverse slightly down hill off driveway.

Always triggered by sensor on left rear corner - none of the other sensors picking up anything.

I just noticed the gap between tyre and wheel arch on rear right wheel is much bigger than on rear left. So in effect the back right is riding higher than left.

Are these likely to be related and anyone else had similar issues - how did you resolve?

#2 ·
The emergency braking comes on when it thinks you are about to hit something..happened a couple of times with me, once reversing out of my narrow garage and once on a narrow country road when reversing out of the way of an oncoming car..so good really.
The different gap of wheel arches is something else..looks like something is out of line..get it checked out at your dealership.

#4 ·
Just a thought, they haven't left the packing they place in the suspension for transportation from the factory have they on that wheel 🤔

#6 ·
I'll check it out. It's in for service today. They say there's no-issue with sensor or clearances.

I shall be there with a tape measure tomorrow on collection to double check it's resolved

I saw a suggestion it could be the fuel tank is not central so one side carries more load. So will also check some display models

#7 ·
I don't think they install transport pucks on rear suspension as it's a different system, the shock absorbers have hard plastic dust covers which cannot be lifted to install the pucks. The factory only install transport pucks on the front suspension which is a MacPherson system with the dust cover flexible plastic/rubber which can be lifted to expose the strut. In this case I would get the car checked at the garage, maybe one of the springs/shocks on the rear is not aligned properly.

#8 ·
Johnsmith said:
I'll check it out. It's in for service today. They say there's no-issue with sensor or clearances.

I shall be there with a tape measure tomorrow on collection to double check it's resolved

I saw a suggestion it could be the fuel tank is not central so one side carries more load. So will also check some display models
How did you get on, and was there any mention of the engine recall?

#10 ·
Thanks for the reply👍 And what happened re the suspension and brake issue?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.