Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner

Considering options

47K views 70 replies 16 participants last post by  Adagamp 
#1 ·
Hi, been looking around for a suitable suv crossover and have decided the t cross fits the bill. Visited the dealer again today ( 2nd visit)
And test drove a 115ps in manual and automatic. I really want a auto however the manual was a nice drive its making it a harder choice to pay the extra. Going back to the dealer next weekend so ive a few days to consider my options.

Im intending to add into the se,,,,, auto mirrors, rev camera, keyless entry, and the active info display. In whichever drive i chose.

However being an older guy was surprised a cd player wasnt an option as i have a room of cd's and nothing on my phone lol.

One of the cars i tested today had the beats pack and did have a CD player in the glovebox. So im guessing its only available as part of the beats option and not as standalone?

So im deciding which gbox to chose and if i chose the cheaper manual i could go with the beats pack. Auto is at the top of my budget so couldnt justify getting both.

Busy week of research and decisions lol.

Steve.

Any opinions appriciated.

See less See more
#53 ·
Thanks for comments, didnt check tyre pressures just assumed a feature of very low profile tyres. It was the way the steering was sensitive to rough patches of road , I noticed it but didnt mention it to my wife who then drove and she commented straight away that she had to "really control the steering on the rough bumpier parts of the road". Not something we had ever noticed in the Yetis we have had.

#56 ·
It only kicks in if you fail to indicate while crossing a line. On a short journey it could be annoying but on a trip it could certainly be useful. Personally i indicate at every opportunity to give other road users notice of my intent ,on a long trip this could save tiredness accidents so has its place.

Looking back to the driving test we are learning to indicate changing lanes so theres no excuse for a safety system to be annoying.

#59 ·
marius07 said:
I think the rear vents are only for certain markets, like South America and India
They are in the new pricelist for SE up, I imagine that is the 2020 model year

#60 ·
spc369 said:
It only kicks in if you fail to indicate while crossing a line. On a short journey it could be annoying but on a trip it could certainly be useful. Personally i indicate at every opportunity to give other road users notice of my intent ,on a long trip this could save tiredness accidents so has its place.

Looking back to the driving test we are learning to indicate changing lanes so theres no excuse for a safety system to be annoying.
The lane assist is annoying at times. It is not just about indicating. It also thinks I'm not steering at times and sounds an alarm.

#65 ·
Rarrar, I have to say the Turquoise colour is growing on me, the car I test drove in this colour was lovely to look at. Good spec, not sure on high beam asset, be interested how you get on with it. Personally would have added heated seats, like you coming from a Yeti and this is one item don't what to loose, also a shame T-Cross does not come with a heated windscreen.

I also need a tow bar are you having this fitted by the dealer and do you have to own the car first before this can be fitted, as others have commented on in the forum.

#66 ·
spc369 said:
Hi, thanks for the reply, yes have been offered the £1000 and 2yrs free and it would be on pcp.

I sat in a first edition but although nice beyond my budget. So an se with chosen options suits the needs.
Just the last bit of deciding over the gearbox really. And the sounds.

Personally i think they should support cd a bit longer. Im 51 and have no music on my phone but a 22yr old with a phone full of music isnt going to be the target market for a new car imo. If i dont option the beats for the cd player then im facing buying all my music again or spending hours transfering to sd or memory stick.

To give me some idea with the apple play / iphone ( i have) how does the sound quality compare against cd playback?
Careful with your age stereotypes ;) I'm 57 and haven't used anything other than my phone for music in about 10 years :lol: :lol: :lol:

#67 ·
I transferred my IPhone play list to SD card, via my Mac, for the glove box player. All works well.
I'm really pleased with my SEL, I did 300 miles motorway driving last weekend and got 51mpg. Only annoyance is an intermittent squeak from the plastic dash trim, to be sorted.
However, I've also got a brilliant 18 year old Beetle and when I get into that I can tell that the build quality of the newer car is not as solid. It has a couple of standard features that would be nice on the newer car, such as being able to open the boot and petroleum cap from the drivers seat.
I've got used to the lane assistance, but still don't understand why the take control of the steering wheel info pops up. Especially when driving at constant speed on straight roads.

#68 ·
Musclelondon said:
spc369 said:
Hi, thanks for the reply, yes have been offered the £1000 and 2yrs free and it would be on pcp.

I sat in a first edition but although nice beyond my budget. So an se with chosen options suits the needs.

Personally i think they should support cd a bit longer. Im 51 and have no music on my phone but a 22yr old with a phone full of music isnt going to be the target market for a new car imo. If i dont option the beats for the cd player then im facing buying all my music again or spending hours transfering to sd or memory stick.

To give me some idea with the apple play / iphone ( i have) how does the sound quality compare against cd playback?
Careful with your age stereotypes ;) I'm 57 and haven't used anything other than my phone for music in about 10 years :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi, and welcome to the forum :cool: tbh now ive had it a while i love the cd player but considering apple music/spotify for ease of use. Easier to stream than try to put music on my phone :D .... i am an older guy :D :D :D

#69 ·
CrossyT said:
I transferred my IPhone play list to SD card, via my Mac, for the glove box player. All works well.
I'm really pleased with my SEL, I did 300 miles motorway driving last weekend and got 51mpg. Only annoyance is an intermittent squeak from the plastic dash trim, to be sorted.
However, I've also got a brilliant 18 year old Beetle and when I get into that I can tell that the build quality of the newer car is not as solid. It has a couple of standard features that would be nice on the newer car, such as being able to open the boot and petroleum cap from the drivers seat.
I've got used to the lane assistance, but still don't understand why the take control of the steering wheel info pops up. Especially when driving at constant speed on straight roads.
Not had any squeaks up front yet but i guess stuff does settle in. Im getting 35ish around town and 47 on a quiet early morning drive to work.... cant seem to get a regular 40+ but also not sure which mpg meter is best to use? Resets every trip but id rather have a tank to tank mpg reading

#70 ·
spc369 said:
Musclelondon said:
spc369 said:

Hi, and welcome to the forum :cool: tbh now ive had it a while i love the cd player but considering apple music/spotify for ease of use. Easier to stream than try to put music on my phone :D .... i am an older guy :D :D :D
I live in Spain, mobile signal is a little too patchy to trust streaming ;)

And thank you for the hello, I'm currently trying to decide which options I want for my eventual R Line purchase.

#71 ·
Exeforde said:
Has anyone taken delivery of their New T Cross , & found they have the rear air vents ,in the back of the armrest please.
No the rear of the arm rest is blanked ,however there are flat rear air vents under the front seats that channel air to the rear passengers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.