Considering options

New to the Volkswagen T-Cross Forums? Introduce yourself here
spc369

Considering options

Post by spc369 » Sun May 05, 2019 7:02 pm

Hi, been looking around for a suitable suv crossover and have decided the t cross fits the bill. Visited the dealer again today ( 2nd visit)
And test drove a 115ps in manual and automatic. I really want a auto however the manual was a nice drive its making it a harder choice to pay the extra. Going back to the dealer next weekend so ive a few days to consider my options.

Im intending to add into the se,,,,, auto mirrors, rev camera, keyless entry, and the active info display. In whichever drive i chose.

However being an older guy was surprised a cd player wasnt an option as i have a room of cd’s and nothing on my phone lol.

One of the cars i tested today had the beats pack and did have a CD player in the glovebox. So im guessing its only available as part of the beats option and not as standalone?

So im deciding which gbox to chose and if i chose the cheaper manual i could go with the beats pack. Auto is at the top of my budget so couldnt justify getting both.

Busy week of research and decisions lol.

Steve.

Any opinions appriciated.

greycross

Re: Considering options

Post by greycross » Sun May 05, 2019 7:22 pm

Have you considered the SEL ?

We have one on order as felt the it was the sweet spot of the trim levels.

We thought that car just looked better with the 17" Chesterfield wheels, Silver roof rails and dark rear tinted windows that come as standard with the SEL.

Also the included LED headlights, Parking sensors, dual zone climate and native SatNav make the SEL look a good all round package.

I don't really agree with VW's complicated options as I believe this is now delaying delivery of their cars due to WLTP and having to test all the different combinations.

We recently ordered an SEAT Ibiza and that now only comes in 5 trim levels to which you can no longer add options, which does make the ordering and delivery less painful.

I am sure you will decide on the options that best suit your needs. Hope you get there in the end.
T-Cross SEL 1.0 TSI 6-speed Manual Limestone Grey
Usual SEL kit plus, Active Info, Keyless, Rear Camera, Folding Mirrors & F/R Mud Flaps
Ordered 25th April 2019 (Delivery estimate 12-14 weeks)
Latest Dealer info - Confirmed Build Week 24 (10th June)

spc369

Post by spc369 » Sun May 05, 2019 7:34 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply, yes i did consider the sel in manual with my options and they gave me the useful extras of privacy glass, climate and the led headlights however came out about 800 more than the auto se with my options so out of my budget im afraid.
The joys of picking what you would like against need and the budget lol.

IWRA

Post by IWRA » Sun May 05, 2019 9:53 pm

A CD player is old technology and limits your music options compared with putting your music onto the phone, memory stick or SD card all readable on the T-Cross. The Beats system is very good although it does take up space under the floor in the boot. The First Edition is fully loaded with goodies but has a manual 6 speed gearbox. A rear view camera is not really necessary with the parking assistance.

The dealers should offer you a £1,000 discount and 2 years free maintenance. You can take out PCP to get the deal and cancel it in the first month. If you look on Autotrader there a a growing number of dealers offering discounted stock cars.
2019 T-Cross First Edition

spc369

Post by spc369 » Sun May 05, 2019 10:26 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply, yes have been offered the £1000 and 2yrs free and it would be on pcp.

I sat in a first edition but although nice beyond my budget. So an se with chosen options suits the needs.
Just the last bit of deciding over the gearbox really. And the sounds.

Personally i think they should support cd a bit longer. Im 51 and have no music on my phone but a 22yr old with a phone full of music isnt going to be the target market for a new car imo. If i dont option the beats for the cd player then im facing buying all my music again or spending hours transfering to sd or memory stick.

To give me some idea with the apple play / iphone ( i have) how does the sound quality compare against cd playback?

IWRA

Post by IWRA » Mon May 06, 2019 7:28 am

The CD sound quality via the Beats system is very good as is the radio and other sources, I don't think you will notice any difference between them. One thing however is that so far the tracks on the CD's I have played only display as Track 1, etc, no CD or song title or graphics.
2019 T-Cross First Edition

Exeforde

Post by Exeforde » Mon May 06, 2019 7:42 am

Hello there,
Test drove the SEL this weekend, that had the CD player & card reader in the glovebox, so I would check to see if the SE is the same.
Good luck.

greycross

Post by greycross » Mon May 06, 2019 7:46 am

Exeforde wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 7:42 am
Hello there,
Test drove the SEL this weekend, that had the CD player & card reader in the glovebox, so I would check to see if the SE is the same.
Good luck.
What did you think of the Car, would be interested to know ?

Thanks
T-Cross SEL 1.0 TSI 6-speed Manual Limestone Grey
Usual SEL kit plus, Active Info, Keyless, Rear Camera, Folding Mirrors & F/R Mud Flaps
Ordered 25th April 2019 (Delivery estimate 12-14 weeks)
Latest Dealer info - Confirmed Build Week 24 (10th June)

spc369

Post by spc369 » Mon May 06, 2019 3:37 pm

IWRA wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 7:28 am
The CD sound quality via the Beats system is very good as is the radio and other sources, I don't think you will notice any difference between them. One thing however is that so far the tracks on the CD's I have played only display as Track 1, etc, no CD or song title or graphics.
Interesting, my current car does display album art and track title.

Andy1979

Post by Andy1979 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:49 am

I've now sat in (but not driven) two SE models (without Beats), a first edition and an R-Line (both with beats). All of them had the CD player in the glove box. The same unit is also where the SD cards for Nav and Music go, so I can't see them not fitting it, apart from maybe the entry-level S models which I think have a different system.

If you go for Beats, bear in mind that the sub-woofer is designed to fit around a full-size spare wheel, and you lose the ability to lower the boot floor by about 6 inches. It does sound good though, so depends what your priorities are.

Our other car is a current-shape Tiguan SEL and that has the same CD player in the glove box. We've had the car 15 months now and I've used the CD player once - to check that it works.

Ripping music to an SD card is, in my view, a good investment of time. I have my iTunes synced to Google Play Music, which means it's all backed up and uploaded to their servers free of charge and available on my phone. If that sounds daunting, you only really need to rip the 20-or-so CDs that you'd want to keep in the car anyway.