Car Expected July, worth waiting for 1st Sept ?

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
greycross

Car Expected July, worth waiting for 1st Sept ?

Post by greycross » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:40 pm

Hi All,

Well received the notification that out T-Cross has been built and has left the factory today..

Given that it is now the middle of June, the dealer is expecting it during July (mid?) and is talking about and immediate July or 1st August collection..

So, what would you guys do, collect or try and negotiate a 1st Sept collection for the new 69 plate ?

I would imagine that a Sept 69 plate would have more value when negotiating a new PCP in 3 years time, or doesn't work like that ?

Dealer is being a bit awkward though, stating T&C's state that car must be collected within 7 days of them notifying you it is ready.
When asked, they state storage issues with some cars being damaged while in their compound, which I am not sure if is correct or not. I would imagine it is more down to monthly figures, as July/August must be slow for sales and registrations whereas for September they surely don't have issues meeting targets.

Anyone got any views ?

Ta.
T-Cross SEL 1.0 TSI 6-speed Manual Limestone Grey
Usual SEL kit plus, Active Info, Keyless, Rear Camera, Folding Mirrors & F/R Mud Flaps
Ordered 25th April 2019 (Delivery estimate 12-14 weeks)
Latest Dealer info - Confirmed Build Week 24 (10th June)

spc369

Re: Car Expected July, worth waiting for 1st Sept ?

Post by spc369 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:08 pm

Imo plates arnt as important as they used to be with two a year released. If its registered last week in aug or first week in sept there wont be a massive difference. In 3yrs time its still a 3yr old car.
More important at the trade in time is condition and mileage.
Ive seen the back of my dealerships storage and its wall to wall. With cars being moved to access another. Personally the less time they have my new car ( if i ever get to order :twisted: ) the better. They obviously dont want to store a new car just for the owner to get a different number so its a fair point. However if youd rather have the new plate then id tell them youve booked a holiday In august and will be back in the country for sept 1st 👍🏼

When i was trying to order and the dealer was qouting me aug delivery we explained we didnt want a new car sat on drive while we were away and tgey were ok about holding to sept, he even said to get the new plate wether its a 69 or not lol

Apparently dvla is not sure about the 69 or wether to skip it to save the rude connotations people will use

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:36 pm

Regards 69 plates, they're available now to preorder on DVLA personalised registration site. VW69 SUV is available for bargain price of £399.
My car will be delivered sometime after Sept I don't fancy a 69 (plate) so have bought a personalised plate
T-Cross R-Line 1.0L DSG
Limestone Grey
Rear View Camera
Ordered 11/05/19

CJCD

Post by CJCD » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:06 pm

I was thinking the same thing, but I guess it all depends on when it’s out on the boat etc! My car is meant to be built this week (hooray!) but no updates on the app today :/. Would it necessarily be a Monday that it would progress to Build in Progress or could it be any day of build week?!
T-Cross SEL 1.0 115PS
Reef Blue
Active info display
17” Koln wheels
Winter pack
Rear view camera

Ordered: 27th April
Confirmed build week: 25, 3rd week of June :)

katydaly

Post by katydaly » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:54 am

CJCD wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:06 pm
I was thinking the same thing, but I guess it all depends on when it’s out on the boat etc! My car is meant to be built this week (hooray!) but no updates on the app today :/. Would it necessarily be a Monday that it would progress to Build in Progress or could it be any day of build week?!

I received notification on a Sunday that mine was built!

I’m also wondering about waiting for a new reg. it would also give me time to save more deposit and bring the monthly payments down.

I’ll decide when I get a further update on progress of car.
T-Cross R-line in white + winter pack, park assist and beats system.
- Ordered: 23.04.19
- build week 23 (03.06.19) confirmed
- progressed to stage 5 (in transit) on 02.06.19

CJCD

Post by CJCD » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:48 am

katydaly wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:54 am
CJCD wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:06 pm

I received notification on a Sunday that mine was built!

I’m also wondering about waiting for a new reg. it would also give me time to save more deposit and bring the monthly payments down.

I’ll decide when I get a further update on progress of car.
Thanks Katydaly! Can’t wait for it to be here now! As my original T-Roc order got cancelled, I think I’ve been waiting since February so far for my car!

I think it all depends on when it’s put on the boat. If it’s first, it might take a little while to fill the boat before it leaves and it may then not be long before the new plate :). Just have to wait and see!
T-Cross SEL 1.0 115PS
Reef Blue
Active info display
17” Koln wheels
Winter pack
Rear view camera

Ordered: 27th April
Confirmed build week: 25, 3rd week of June :)