Modifications

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
Digitalracer

Re: Modifications

Post by Digitalracer » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:05 pm

oldiebut goodie wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:49 pm
Yes - it appears to be a fine line between closing and not closing fully. The added resistance can be just enough on mine as well, I am hoping that over time it eases before I have to attempt to adjust them.
Did you use the clips?
I have ordered a complete set which are now on their way.
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

oldiebut goodie

Post by oldiebut goodie » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:49 pm

Yes, the clips were used exactly the same as my T6.
Strangely enough a couple of hours ago someone was complaining of the same thing on the T6 forum! TBH I have never trapped my fingers in a window yet, it is a refinement that I could easily live without. :lol:
1.6D SEL DSG in turquoise.

Pete Cross

Post by Pete Cross » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:56 pm

Thanks for the replys, could not get the clips to sit in the channel, might have to remove the deflector and shave some material off and see if that helps. Other than that problem I am very happy with them.
SE 115 6 speed, white, power folding mirrors, reversing camera, tinted rear windows, space saving spare wheel. Ordered 06 October, Collected 1st March.

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:42 pm

Thanks for the quick response guys 👍
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

oldiebut goodie

Post by oldiebut goodie » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:48 pm

Pete Cross wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:56 pm
Thanks for the replys, could not get the clips to sit in the channel, might have to remove the deflector and shave some material off and see if that helps. Other than that problem I am very happy with them.
Just ram them in with something like a wooden spatula, I must admit that they went in easier on my T6 though.

Pete Cross

Post by Pete Cross » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:28 am

Previous car was a polo which i fitted Heko wind deflectors, had no problem with those and didn't use the clips. Must admit that i am a bit concerned about raming the clips in just in case i need remove them. Would you know if the clips are easy to get out.
SE 115 6 speed, white, power folding mirrors, reversing camera, tinted rear windows, space saving spare wheel. Ordered 06 October, Collected 1st March.

oldiebut goodie

Post by oldiebut goodie » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:45 am

They came out easy enough when I removed the ones to replace the tape. They are only flimsy little things.

craymore

Post by craymore » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:18 am

TX19 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:47 pm
I ordered one of these Haven’t got the car to try it yet.

YEE PIN Central Console Storage Box Compatible with Volkswagen VW T-Cross 2019 Glove Box Central Console with Non-Slip Mat
Interesting !

I've been looking for something similar, but for glove box' organization purposes

However, this looks pretty good also, appart from the USB sockets issue if you have the WIRED app-connect option instead of the WIRELESS one :(
T-Cross United / 1.0L DSG

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:13 pm

Heko wind deflectors arrived today £37 full set of 4. Just fitted 😀 They came with metal clips, which I used and, as helpfully advised on here I added extra double sided tape. Did the rears first as easy and that made the front fairly easy too. Looks good and very happy with them.