One Month in..

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
greycross

One Month in..

Post by greycross » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:17 pm

I have now had my T-Cross a month and thought I would share my opinions..

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=158&p=672&hilit=month#p672

1) Overall, very happy with car, good size, nice to drive, easy to manourver, turns heads..
2) Little 1.0L TSI is better than I expected, pulls well above 2000 rpm and goes quite well.
3) Fuel economy is good, my 10 mile commute using varying roads has given 46 mpg over the month.
4) Reversing camera is well recommended, combined with parking sensors is superb.
5) Active Info is also recommended, nice and clear and highly configurable.
6) Ride of the SEL is good, the larger 205/55/R17 rubber gives a lovely smooth ride.
7) I can see what the reviews mean about cheap interior, it is a bit flimsy in places.
8) Build quality overall is decent, but cost saving is evident, not as good as my previous Golf.
9) Car-Net doesn't have all the features as advertised in the brochure. Security and Service is missing.
10) Shiny interior surfaces difficult to keep clean, especially the infotainment screen.
11) Wipers initially shudder across the windscreen, but get better with use.
12) Knocking in centre of car, traced to passenger seat belt buckle knocking on console when not in use.
13) Could do with second floor in boot, when floor in upper position can't really store stuff underneath.
14) Bluetooth link to phone seems a bit unreliable, doesn't always connect when car is started.
15) Lane Assist is horrible, don't like it all, keeps trying to pull me into the verges on narrow roads.
16) Stop Start system is strange combined with the keyless system. Strange behaviour..
For example, when stopped and parked on my drive, if button is pressed to switch off, starts engine again !!

If I can think of anything else I will add to the list.

Ta.
T-Cross SEL 1.0 TSI 6-speed Manual Limestone Grey
Usual SEL kit plus, Active Info, Keyless, Rear Camera, Folding Mirrors & F/R Mud Flaps
Ordered 25th April 2019
Confirmed Build Week 10th June
Car at Dealers 15th July
Car Collected 1st August 2019

arkay

Re: One Month in..

Post by arkay » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:39 pm

Hi Greycross. I agree with most of your observations. Everyone on here seemed very happy with their new cars! I would disagree with 13 on your list mind you. I find the split level quite useful! I didn’t fancy the keyless option due to security concerns but wouldn’t have expected the stop-start issue you have noticed. I agree that fuel economy is good - better than expected in fact. I also had a Golf before and the quality of interior materials is poorer but I find it just as refined as the Golf. So like you, overall, no regrets!
T-Cross SEL manual 115PS ordered 7/3/19. Extras: Deep Black Pearl, folding door mirrors, winter pack and rear view camera. Car was built 15/4/19 - delivery due mid May. Handover was on Monday 3rd June.

TX19

Post by TX19 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:52 pm

You have done a good job with that review. Thanks for your observations. I’m looking forward to seeing how mine compares when I get it. I’ll be disappointed with juddering wipers it’s one thing that really irritates me on a car..
On order T Cross R Line 1.0 DSG Limestone...Winter Pack. Rear Camera. :D :D

greycross

Post by greycross » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:57 pm

Thanks for your feedback, yep overall a very decent car, very pleased with it.
arkay wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:39 pm
I would disagree with 13 on your list mind you. I find the split level quite useful!
I tend to leave the boot floor on the upper position to give a flat loading level.
As there is only a single moveable floor, I find that anything I store underneath either rattles on the expossed bodywork or falls straight down the spare wheel well either side of the spare wheel.

I got a quote for a second floor, as I thought that would be useful to keep at the lower level to prevent this.
My previous Golf Plus had this, and it gave a nice carpeted storage area underneath when the other floor was in the upper position. Really nice, as the upper floor could still be lowered onto the top of the lower floor to give extra boot space..

Guess the price..

Floor.jpg

T-Cross SEL 1.0 TSI 6-speed Manual Limestone Grey
Usual SEL kit plus, Active Info, Keyless, Rear Camera, Folding Mirrors & F/R Mud Flaps
Ordered 25th April 2019
Confirmed Build Week 10th June
Car at Dealers 15th July
Car Collected 1st August 2019

TX19

Post by TX19 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:31 pm

Having got a car with a double boot floor I agree it’s useful and nice to have but the price is eye watering.
On order T Cross R Line 1.0 DSG Limestone...Winter Pack. Rear Camera. :D :D

rarrar

Post by rarrar » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:10 pm

Interested in point 15 - Lane Assist on narrow roads.
This is probably what I found on the test drive and put down to 18" alloys.
On Order T-Cross SEL 1.0 , foldable mirrors, spare wheel, high beam assist, info display, towbar in Turquoise. Build week 36.
To replace L&K 1.4tsi Yeti at end of the year.