Should I buy a T-Cross

New to the Volkswagen T-Cross Forums? Introduce yourself here
Davewolfsburg

Should I buy a T-Cross

Post by Davewolfsburg » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:13 pm

Hi I am new to the forum. Currently drive 66 Plate VW Golf GT Edition purchased new. Life changes and I am debating buying a T-Cross for the following reasons. Have 2 very elderly parents with mobility issues who no longer drive so rely on me and struggle to get in n out of my Golf. Also a wife with a back problem who finds the Golf seating position too low and seats too soft. So will buying a T-Cross help address these issues. I have briefly driven a T-Cross and liked the high driving position. Can anyone tell me how they find the seats on the SEL over a long distance? I think the high seating position would help my wife's comfort and my parents accessing the car. Any advice and feedback would be appreciated before I commit?? I love my Golf I have had a few. Thinking of buying SEL. Last thing can't understand why on the top T-Cross models folding mirrors are not standard!!!

greycross

Re: Should I buy a T-Cross

Post by greycross » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:34 pm

Yes, the T-Cross is a great little car..

I recently had knee surgery and had problems accessing my old Golf so I wanted something higher.

My T-Cross has been great, far easier to access and really comfortable to drive.

I have an SEL but haven't yet done a long journey as all my runs have been less than 20 miles, so I can't comment on long journeys.
However, I find it very comfortable once I got the seat adjustment right, and very nice to drive.

My only comment would be, I am finding it a bit under powered at times, and find I have to stir the box a lot to keep it going.

Good car though..
T-Cross SEL 1.0 TSI 6-speed Manual Limestone Grey
Usual SEL kit plus, Active Info, Keyless, Rear Camera, Folding Mirrors & F/R Mud Flaps
Ordered 25th April 2019
Confirmed Build Week 10th June
Car at Dealers 15th July
Car Collected 1st August 2019

Davewolfsburg

Post by Davewolfsburg » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:08 am

Thanks greycross that is really useful, seat height is very important and it's good to hear you find access easy and is enjoyable to drive. I am expecting life to be different with the 115bhp engine. My only concern is seat comfort over a long distance.

Good to hear you are pleased with the T-Cross

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:42 am

Davewolfsburg wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:13 pm
Hi I am new to the forum. Currently drive 66 Plate VW Golf GT Edition purchased new. Life changes and I am debating buying a T-Cross for the following reasons. Have 2 very elderly parents with mobility issues who no longer drive so rely on me and struggle to get in n out of my Golf. Also a wife with a back problem who finds the Golf seating position too low and seats too soft. So will buying a T-Cross help address these issues. I have briefly driven a T-Cross and liked the high driving position. Can anyone tell me how they find the seats on the SEL over a long distance? I think the high seating position would help my wife's comfort and my parents accessing the car. Any advice and feedback would be appreciated before I commit?? I love my Golf I have had a few. Thinking of buying SEL. Last thing can't understand why on the top T-Cross models folding mirrors are not standard!!!
That was exactly my comment to the salesman when I bought mine. Folding mirrors should definitely be standard spec for the SEL!! But of all the cars I looked at it felt right inside, easy getting in and out, and looked the best.
Can't wait for mine to arrive.
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September :cry:

Jonblue

Post by Jonblue » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:06 am

As I mentioned in previous post on another thread, I am finding just a little uncomfortable pressure on the underside of my thighs after an hour's driving which makes me ache for a while afterwards. I have fiddled around with seat/steering wheel positions and it is now a little better. However, I am now researching cushions on the internet which in itself is a minefield as one really needs to try these out first. Anyone got any suggestions? Apart from that - am very happy with my T Cross R Line DSG 115 with folding mirrors to which I have just given the full Autoglym treatment!

Post by Newbie » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:54 pm

Not if you need a car in a hurry. I ordered in June and told today still in factory

Halin9

Post by Halin9 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:56 pm

Definitely good for access for anyone with some mobility problems. After adjusting the seat, I found it very comfortable over 100 mile journey and a pleasure to drive. I have the dsg on my SEL and it is great... I don't really notice the small engine, as it pulls quickly and very smoothly. Take your wife, and if possible, your parents, for a test drive..

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:04 pm

If you do buy one order the digital dash... My big regret not specifying it. Was too close to build to add😭😭
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September :cry: