Water in rear footwells

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Cross
Topcat

Water in rear footwells

Post by Topcat » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:22 pm

Just gone out to my vehicle to find water in both rear foot wells appears to be coming from the top edge of the door seals where it meets the roof, then running around the door edge to the bottom edge of the door in the seal and on to the rear rubber mats. It’s been windy and very wet so wether it’s a one off or more of a problem I am not sure.

One thing I have noticed is that water on the roof when opening the rear doors does drip into the bottom edge of the double door seal, even so the carpet appears all dry!
Black T Cross R Line DSG
Winter Pack, Running Boards, Reversing Camera, Spare Wheel, Electric Folding Wing Mirrors
Ex Demonstrator.

Halin9

Re: Water in rear footwells

Post by Halin9 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:50 pm

Mmm..that's not good..! Shouldn't leak if the door and windows are properly shut. A number of cars drip water from the top of doors when opened, bad design, but should be waterproof when closed up. Definitely worth a visit to your VW dealer..

Topcat

Re: Water in rear footwells

Post by Topcat » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:23 pm

I agree worth a chat with the dealer however when the rear doors are open water from the roof does drip inside the vehicle especially when it’s been stood for a while as you say a design fault.
Black T Cross R Line DSG
Winter Pack, Running Boards, Reversing Camera, Spare Wheel, Electric Folding Wing Mirrors
Ex Demonstrator.