Automatic wiping

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Cross
Maudiefech

Automatic wiping

Post by Maudiefech » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:12 pm

Hello, Is anyone having trouble with automatic wiping option? When I go Vehicle settings, mirrors and wipers, I can’t untick the boxes to disable automatic wiping (it says option unavailable when I click it). The rain sensor works fine, it starts automatically, I just found it weird can’t disabling it... wonder if it’s a manufacturer lock.

Halin9

Re: Automatic wiping

Post by Halin9 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:29 pm

Using the wiper control arm, you can switch off, automatic, slow, fast wipe..!..the lowest position being "off"...
Look under wiper control in the handbook, although the positions are marked on the control arm itself..

Eelis

Post by Eelis » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:27 am

Maudiefech wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:12 pm
Hello, Is anyone having trouble with automatic wiping option? When I go Vehicle settings, mirrors and wipers, I can’t untick the boxes to disable automatic wiping (it says option unavailable when I click it). The rain sensor works fine, it starts automatically, I just found it weird can’t disabling it... wonder if it’s a manufacturer lock.
The only option in my car is to disable/enable automatic wiping for rear wiper when reversing, and yes I can select it, not greyed out.

-eelis-
115hp Style manual, white
leds, nav, Active Info Display, auto AC, reverse camera
elect. folding mirrors, wireless phone loader, tinted rear windows.

Tricky2

Post by Tricky2 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:49 am

I'm guessing Maudiefech is actually asking if the wipers can be changed from rain sensing to regular intermittent, sometimes you just want a regular occasional sweep and the rain sensing is just not sensitive enough (even on highest sensitivity). I too thought this when I first had my Tiguan with this function, and certainly in my case it's not possible. I eventually learnt to live with it.

When my wife's R-line arrives I'll investigate this.
Awaiting R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 4motion DSG

Maudiefech

Post by Maudiefech » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:45 pm

Yes guys I can disable the automatic sensor by pulling the arm to OFF. That's what Tricky2 said, I was wondering if the wipers if in INT at the arm could be just really intermittent instead of being triggered by rain sensor (and for that to work I should disable those options in the multimedia.... but what I am seeing here is that some units come with it with no untick possibility or even do not show them...)