Central locking & Anti-theft alarm

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Cross
DrSaG

Central locking & Anti-theft alarm

Post by DrSaG » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:25 am

A short question to all of you who have experience with the Central locking & Anti-theft alarm.

At least twice a day when one of the doors is still open, I can still lock the car from the remote key. The other times it doesn't lock, which i find normal since not all the doors are closed.
Last night I tried to reproduce it and take a video as a proof. If the passenger door+rear doors are open I can still lock the car. I cannot lock the car only if the driver door is open.

I assume that's an issue since my previous experience with other OEMs is that when a door or boot is open, the car cannot be locked from the remote key.

Anyone have the same experience or knows if it's a setting that I need to change in the infotainment system? Haven't found anything in the Owner's manual.

P.S. Electric mirrors also fold when the doors are still open (I use them as an indicator to double check that I locked the car but since now it locks with a door open i am not feeling that safe by checking them anymore :P )
1.0 GT DSG 115hp in White :D
Parking sensors front and back
App connect
Active info display
Radio composition media
Electric heated and foldable mirrors

Tricky2

Re: Central locking & Anti-theft alarm

Post by Tricky2 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:35 am

Hi, I've had 4 VW's now and this is normal: You can't lock it with the drivers door open, it's to prevent you doing this with the keys still inside.

You can lock it with any other door open, or the tailgate, and after you close them you'll see the indicators give a further single blink to confirm the car has fully locked down.

In my case it helps as I'm usually out 'like a rabbit from a trap', but the misses is slow and steady. I often think she's out and lock it only for her to close the door afterwards.

P.s. Same with tailgate, if you use the middle unlock button for the tailgate it will open but the car remains locked, and on closing you again get the confirmation blink.

Not configurable in any way, the only thing you can change is whether unlocking does all doors or just the drivers. If set to drivers you have to double unlock to release the rest of the doors. It's 'anti hijack' along with drive away locking.
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG

DrSaG

Post by DrSaG » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:15 pm

Many thanks for the answer!
I'm a bit insecure as a person when it comes to locking and ordered my T-Cross with electric foldable mirrors in order to use them as an indication that the car is locked. It seems I failed on that 😅😅
App connect
Active info display
Radio composition media

Tricky2

Post by Tricky2 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:08 pm

It should show on the dash if any doors are open, even with ignition off. A quick glance before you get out may help your comfort.
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG

DrSaG

Post by DrSaG » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:05 pm

True!
Good to know that at least that's how it works in VW! Once again many thanks, you saved me time from visiting the workshop.
App connect
Active info display
Radio composition media