Water in space wheel space

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Cross
Mk69

Water in space wheel space

Post by Mk69 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:37 pm

I went to get my first aid kit out today. I keep it I. The space for the spare wheel. The space had water in it about 2cm deep. I’ve taken a video of it as pics didn’t show it clearly. My windscreen freezes on the inside ... now I know where the water is coming from!!
Has anyone else had this problem?

Halin9

Re: Water in space wheel space

Post by Halin9 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:21 pm

That sounds like an awful lot of water..!.. Definitely need to get the boot seals checked..

spc369

Post by spc369 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:28 pm

Not had reason to check but will now. I know older vw sunroof cars had drain channels run through the boot area and if blocked could cause water in boot area. Obviously not a t cross issue but thats a lot of water to collect in one place. Id be checking the floor to see any other sources. It suggest running in and collecting at lowest point .if it was a major condensation issue then the seats / everything would be damp.

Id be looking for a point of entry.... tailgate. Lights,, missing bungs in floor... anything
115 SE DSG Urano Grey
Active info display - Electrically folding mirrors - Reverse camera
Beats soundpack - keyless / push start - Space saver spare - Paddles!

Ordered 29/6/19 — Collected 15/10/19

silverhairs

Post by silverhairs » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:12 pm

The cars still in warranty, take it back, let them sort it out! And ask for a courtesy car while they have yours. First check and write down the mileage, I took my 2018 Polo for a small job to be done and they put 40 miles on the clock. And the small job had nothing to do with the engine.

airbaseng

Post by airbaseng » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:54 pm

Same issue here, it’s been in for a repair and same issue returned. Condensation in the rear lights too
Join the Facebook Owners Club: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vwtcross

airbaseng

Post by airbaseng » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:00 pm

Update, just had the car back for the second time and they said it was a manufacturing fault where there were holes in the seal towards the top of the bootlid.

Storm Denis will tell if their repair has worked
Join the Facebook Owners Club: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vwtcross

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:54 pm

VW dealer had my T-Cross in for two days for testing water ingress into wheel well in boot,used pressured water hoses to determine point of entry,found none,have been told flaw with design of boot lid when open in rain (wet conditions).Watch this space.

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:02 am

Had car back,The VW dealer (SINCLAIR) of Bridgend have not found the cause of the ingress of water into the spare wheel well but have assured me that any issues regarding this will be honoured by the warranty should the problem persist. I thought this might be a tough one to sort out. During the three storms we have had lately the boot has remained dry.A case of watch this space.