Battery Charger

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
Jonblue

Battery Charger

Post by Jonblue » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:06 am

Has anyone invested in a Battery Charger yet? I do mainly short journeys so thought it might be a wise precaution in this cold weather although I have only had the car for about 5 months. Honest John recommends the CTEK MXS 5.0 Fully Automatic Battery Charger which at around £66 is a bit pricey. Has anyone been forced to charge their battery yet and can recommend a cheaper but efficient charger?

R line DSG 115 in Makena Turquoise
Electric mirrors
Sound Beats system,
Active Info display
Rear camera

greycross

Re: Battery Charger

Post by greycross » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:47 pm

I have a CTEK MXS 5.0 charger and can't recommend them enough, brilliant bits of kit !!

Like you I considered cheaper options and looked around but in the end I went for the CTEK as nothing else really compares.

Mine does a 7 stage charge and really does keep the battery up to spec.

I mainly use it on my motorbike as I have a plug permanently wired which hangs just below the seat so I can simply plug it in.

I love the connect and forget features of it, as it completely looks after its self and will not overcharge the battery.

Honestly, go for the CTEK, you will not be disappointed, and once you have one you will not ever need anything else.
T-Cross SEL 1.0 TSI 6-speed Manual Limestone Grey
Usual SEL kit plus, Active Info, Keyless, Rear Camera, Folding Mirrors & F/R Mud Flaps
Ordered 25th April 2019
Confirmed Build Week 10th June
Car at Dealers 15th July
Car Collected 1st August 2019

Kugaman

Re: Battery Charger

Post by Kugaman » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:02 pm

Get to Lidl.
They do a battery charger thats £14. Highly rated and is also intelligent so will stop charging when necessary.
In fact I think its on offer this week actually!

Ive had one for about 10 years and used it on my Lotus Elise for most of that time. Excellent item.
Wifes got a T-cross 115 First Edition