New to the Volkswagen T-Cross Forums? Introduce yourself here
Tricky2

Re: soon to be owner from bedford

Post by Tricky2 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:38 am

kevin53 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:44 pm
@tricky2
Having gone from a manual to a dsg this time I thought that
In slippy conditions without having a clutch to deaccelerate I’d have to use the brake on a dsg hence I thought a better gripping tyre would be useful to reduce slipping ...
I could be wrong of course please let me know if I am
The DSG should be thought of as an automated manual gearbox. Conventional gears and clutch, (although 2 of those). The odd and even gears are on alternate shafts, the clutches are concentric, one for one shaft one for the other. When it selects the driving gear it preselects the next gear it believes you'll need. It's all controlled by solenoids, and the car electronics.

But the drive is always connected to the engine just as in a manual car. So full engine control to slow the car down unlike a torque converter. (OK if you read my other thread about coasting you will see it's possible when you lift off it decouples the clutch, but the lightest touch on the brake pedal or paddles on the steering wheel if you have them, reengages the clutch)
R-line 115 DSG in energetic orange with reversing camera and keyless

I have Tiguan 2015 177ps 4motion DSG

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:32 am

Pete Cross wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:12 am
That's not correct, my car has discs all round and it has the 115 engine with manual gearbox, the 95 manual has drums on the rear.
Have a mended my original post😇😁 Thanks for the update 👍
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

kevin53

Post by kevin53 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:40 pm

thanks for the replies guys
just found out my car is in transit ............

kevin53

Post by kevin53 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:57 am

Hi guys
Just found out my car arrives next Friday but due to restrictions the dealer won’t be able to sit in the car with me to explain functions.. bit of a shame . Also I asked if I had any problems they said refer it to local dealer as it’s arriving from a dealer 100 miles away.
Is this right?
After having 2 test drives in February it’s been a long time and I’m strangely nervous about getting used to the car having driven a Leon for five years which has been a good car .
Main reason for change is the higher driving position and easier getting in and out (I’m 67).
I’m also excited to st last be getting it , hopefully after reading the posts here it’s gonna be a good choice
Tcross sel dsg 115 reef blue metallic camera winter pack folding mirrors

Ffiscool

Post by Ffiscool » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:20 am

It is strange after a different car, I was used to ix20 also love the higher position. I find this slightly lower to get in and out of (depending what height you have your seat at) but the steering wheel is lower, so I sit a bit lower. Also the steering on this is slightly heavier. It’s just getting used to it, you will be fine after a few days
Had lovely T Cross SEL DSG - Limestone Grey

Space saver tyre and kit for sale

Eelis

Post by Eelis » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:26 pm

kevin53 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:57 am
Hi guys
Just found out my car arrives next Friday but due to restrictions the dealer won’t be able to sit in the car with me to explain functions.. bit of a shame . Also I asked if I had any problems they said refer it to local dealer as it’s arriving from a dealer 100 miles away.
Is this right?
After having 2 test drives in February it’s been a long time and I’m strangely nervous about getting used to the car having driven a Leon for five years which has been a good car .
Main reason for change is the higher driving position and easier getting in and out (I’m 67).
I’m also excited to st last be getting it , hopefully after reading the posts here it’s gonna be a good choice
Tcross sel dsg 115 reef blue metallic camera winter pack folding mirrors
You will be fine, Seat is basically a VW too, you will find yourself at home in T-Cross and with better view too. Everything you need, you will find almost exactly the same place as your Seat.
Happy driving!

-eelis-
115hp Style, white manual.
Leds, Nav, Active Info Display, Climatronic, reverse camera
elect. folding mirrors, wireless loader, tinted rear windows.

kevin53

Post by kevin53 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:55 pm

Cheers guys well it’s arriving on 24 th July !😀