Using deionised water for car washing

All Volkswagen T-Cross related discussions
MikeB

Using deionised water for car washing

Post by MikeB » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:27 pm

I live in a hard water area. When washing the car, you have to dry it real fast or you end up with terrible water spots. Has anyone used a deionising water filter system or something similar? Apparently , with deionised water you just rinse off the the soap after washing , stand back , allow the car to air dry and that's it!!
T-Cross R-Line 1.0L DSG
Limestone Grey
Rear View Camera - Electric Folding Mirrors - Park Assist
Spacesaver Spare Wheel
Re-ordered 16/10/19

Digitalracer

Re: Using deionised water for car washing

Post by Digitalracer » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:09 am

Can't remember the name, but in the recent past I had a bottle of something that a couple of capfulls in the bucket stopped those white marks occurring.
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

Digitalracer

Post by Digitalracer » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:58 am

Just had a quick look online. Auto rinse aid is about £8.50 for 5 litres, or an in line filter for hose pipe is £55. Hope this helps. I had a ceramic coating on mine when new and so far had no problems 🤞 Hard water area here too.
SEL DSG Energetic orange, keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto headlights, chrome strip on boot, spacesaver, Park assist and 17" Clayton alloys. Ordered 25th July, expected delivery 30th September. Collection mid October.

GeoBog

Post by GeoBog » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:01 am

Those deionising filters are not that great. Just use a good rinse aid like FIreball ultimate or Autofinesse Aqua Coat, you just simply spray on the wet car then rinse it and the water just beads off the paintwork. You can then dry it with good microfiber towels. I recommend you seal the paint with a good wax or ceramic detailer. My turquoise T-Cross dries very nicely after having ceramic protection, no spots although I live in a hard water area. On the RS I have PPF and that is a real joy to clean.
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2019 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2
------------------------------------------
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.